Registered mail describes letters, packets or other postal documents considered valuable and in need of a chain of custody that provides more control than regular mail. The posted item has its details recorded in a register to enable its location to be tracked, it can include added insurance to cover possible loss.
This service is ideal for customers who wish to post letters in bulk over the counter. Customers posting letters in excess of 50 letters qualify for this service.
Parcel post is a service of a postal administration for sending parcels through the post. It is generally one of the less expensive ways to ship packages that are too heavy to be sent by regular letter post. There are three categories of parcel:
Cash on delivery
This service allows merchants to sell their goods through the Post Office.
- Hands in parcel at post office
- Fills in a form and states how much the receiver will pay
- Pays the postal fee and handling charges
- Pays the trade charge in full at time of delivery
- The post office gives him the parcel
- Low handling charges
- Save on travelling costs
This service allows customers to send valuable parcels under insurance cover to protect against loss and/or damage. The insurance fee is determined by the parcel's value. The insurance fee is payable at the time of sending the parcel.
How it works
- Fills in a form
- Pays insurance fees when sending the parcel
- The fee is determined by the items value
- If the parcel is lost or damaged, the sender gets his/her money back
- Brings the Post Office slip and identity document
- Receives the parcel from the Post office
- Low risk
- Low handling charges
Customers can send letters and parcels from one post office to another.
This service is ideal for customers who want to exchange gifts at reasonable rates, as they are only charged the postage fee.
How it works:
- Fills in green labels depending on the weight of the items(maximum is 1kg)
- Saves on travelling costs
- Affordable prices
Express mail refers to an accelerated delivery service for which the customer pays a surcharge and receives faster delivery.
- Reliable express delivery through the world postal network!
- EMS is the quickest way to send business and private items nationwide and worldwide.
- EMS can be delivered door-to-door.
- EMS items are treated as top priority mail from point of dispatch to point of destination to ensure speedy delivery and security.
- Track and trace service: Our Track and Trace facility enables EMS mail to be tracked using a unique tracing number.
Personalised access to mail directly sent to your own personal post box, ensures privacy and convenience. Personal mail such as bank statements and personal letters are sent directly to your post box, only the person with the key to the box has access to the mail.
A post-box can be rented for a year and during this period SwaziPost will deliver your mail to your box. To get a post-box, simply apply for it at your preferred Post Office and you will be allocated one together with keys so you can collect your mail at any time convenient to you.
- Your post box will be locked at all times and can only be accessed using a key
- Your post box is accessible to you all the time, anytime of day, hence very convenient.
- Your post office box can be permanent. However, if you move to another area in which there is a post office or postal agency, you can apply for an additional post box in that area.
Is a special form of postal delivery, usually used by government departments , medium and large businesses and parastatals , who receive large volumes of mail.
How it works
Apply for a Private Bag at your nearest Post Office and collect your mail later. Only a designated person in your company has access keys to your bag.
General delivery is a service where the post office holds mail until the recipient calls for it. It is a common destination for mail for people who are visiting a particular location and have no need, or no way, of having mail delivered directly to their place of residence at that time.
Postage stamps are purchased from a postal administration or other authorized vendors and are used to pay for the costs involved in moving mail as well as other business necessities such as insurance and registration.
The stamp bureau provides all philatelic requirements, such as First Day Covers, Sets, Cylinder Blocks and Gutter Pair. It also involves selling of definitive and commemorative stamps to collects.
Direct Mail Service
Companies use post boxes as a medium to reach their target markets. Companies can also use post boxes to run promotions and advertise their services. This service is ideal for direct mail communication and distribution and collection of questionnaires